Typical tasks in a teacher's day ...
- Prepping resources
- Making photocopies
- Phone Calls
- Can you think of any more? Leave a comment down below.
We have to be strategic about when to do what things to save us time and focus. One of the best, secret strategies is CHUNKING/BATCHING.
Batching means doing similar things in batches, or chunks.
- Answer all email in one sitting.
- Walk all office trips at one time.
- Make all phone calls back to back.
- Save all collaboration discussions for the same trip out of your classroom. You'll do them all faster because you have to go talk to everyone in a smaller time frame, and you have a reason to finish each conversation.
Conversation of the Day: What area of your teacher life do you need to batch first?
Hop on over to watch the video and share your thoughts in the conversation.